Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

Celebrate a New You with a New Stew

I started my triathlon training today by swimming laps in the pool. So I thought I deserved something really good for dinner. If your new years resolution was to exercise more you should definitely try my stew - you deserve it! My dad has thought me the secret to a tender and delicious stew: salad dressing! Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Ingredients:
-2 pounds stew meat
-6 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes
-3 cloves minced garlic
-1/3 cup flour
-Salt
-4 tablespoons olive oil
-2 chopped onions
-5 carrots cut in half
-1 1/2 cups red wine
-3 cups beef broth (Better than Bouillon)
-3/4 cup Italian dressing
-Pepper
Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Saute onions and garlic in 2 tbs olive oil in dutch oven over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile coat chunks of stew meat in flour. Cook stew meat until lightly brown in two batches over medium heat in the remaining olive oil with a little salt. Add potatoes and peeled carrots to dutch oven. Place stew meat on top of the veggies. Pour broth, wine, and salad pressing on top -add black pepper to taste. Cook stew on bake for 2 1/2 hours.
Enjoy the comforts of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment