Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Date Cookies: Peanut Butter and Chocolate

So I'm in a love affair, a love affair with sugar. I just love anything sweet, and the more sweets I eat, then more sweets I want. I've been trying to break it off for some time now. This recipe is my goodbye letter to refined sugar. Dates provide an all natural way to get my sweet fix. No one would guess these sweet cookies are good for you.
Peanut Butter Cookies
13 dates
1 tbs peanut butter (no salt)
1/3 cup oats

Chocolate Cookies
13 dates
1/2 tbs peanut butter (no salt)
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup oats

Place dates in food processor on high until dates are in little pieces. In a mixing bowl add dates, peanut butter/or peanut butter and cocoa powder, and oats -mix until combined. Roll batch into 4 balls, and place in-between wax paper. Press down until cookies are thin, about 2 1/2 inches across. Remove cookies from wax paper and enjoy!

Nutritional Analysis of Dates
Dates: help fight constipation because they are high in fiber and easily digestible. Dates also give you a lot of energy because they are high in natural sugars and carbohydrates. They are also full of potassium, and contain calcium and iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment